…put your phone number on your website?
Often we meet with prospects and their phone number is nowhere to be found on their website. One of the first things we recommend is adding their phone number to their home page in a highly visible spot.
I think the phone number is overlooked because you, as a company, know your number. Remember that the website is for your prospects and your customers. Your goal when building a website should be to make it usable for your prospects/customers.
Some basic web content to consider when building or redesigning your website:
- Your company name and logo
- Your company history, mission, philosophy – what makes you YOU
- Contact information: phone, email, address, directions
- Testimonial page
- Product and services pages
- Links to your Social Media pages (if applicable)
- A blog – very important to keep fresh content on your site.
- Search box – allow your customers the chance to find exactly what they are looking for
- Clear input validation rules on forms
- Limit or omit flash, huge graphics, or tons of videos (unless pertinent to your industry).
- A quick contact form persistent on all pages of your website