Welcome to Part 2 in our Go Mobile series. If you are just joining us, you can check out Part 1 here. Now that you have decided to Go Mobile with your website, it is time to think about the details of your mobile site. Here are my Top 10 suggestions:
- First, and foremost, have your phone number near the top of the page and make it clickable. This makes it super easy for people to call you.
- Your user is on a small screen. You will want to minimize the amount of text on each page and consider the graphics that you use. Use bullet points for easy reading. Make content easy to read without the user having to zoom.
- Make it super simple for your user to navigate your site.
- Mobile users are on the go, make sure your site loads quickly.
- Using a contact form? Create a simplified version for your mobile users.
- Don’t forget to include your address.
- Display only the key information from your desktop site on your mobile site.
- Use dropdowns or radio boxes for data entry.
- Give users a link to your non-mobile website.
- Test, test, test. Try your mobile site out on as many devices as possible. View in both horizontal and vertical positions. Check your forms and click-to-call.
Have questions or want to discuss going mobile? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.